El Presidente: Thank You
Our 2013 Theme: Vaqueros y Vaqueras
I would like to sincerely thank all who participated in and enjoyed Fiesta 2013! We had great participation at our venues including opening ceremonies at Pequena Wednesday night July 31st on the steps of Mission Santa Barbara.
Highlights of 2013 include:
• The Spirit Auditions in April with Corrie Jimenez being selected as our 2013 Spirit of Fiesta and Kailani Cordero as the Junior Spirit.
• The unveiling our of 2013 poster featuring Si & Karen Jenkins riding in the Fiesta parade and promoting our 2013 them of Vaqueros y Vaqueras in May at our Primavera party.
• Fiesta Ranchera at Stow House in Goleta held in June in conjunction with the Goleta Valley Historical Society. Fiesta Ranchera is a joint fundraiser.
• Recepción del Presidente at the Double Tree Resort in Santa Barbara July 28th with El Presidente riding into the rotunda on his horse to welcome everyone.
• Both Mercado Del La Guerra and Del Norte opening Wednesday of Fiesta with Mayor Helene Schneider helping cut the ribbon in De La Guerra Plaza.
• Noches de Rhonda took place several nights in the Sunken Gardens of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse with many people sitting on their blankets on the lawn.
• Friday of Fiesta was our grand parade up State Street featuring one of the largest equestrian contingents of any parade in the United States.
• Saturday was the Children’s Parade down State Street hosted by the City of Santa Barbara.
• The Stock Horse Show & Rodeo saw its best attendance in years at Earl Warren Showgrounds.
Making all the above happen was our many sponsors who contributed dollars and services to make Fiesta possible, and the many non-profits that operated booths at the Mercados providing great food and other products. Fiesta is truly a community event.
2014 will be our 90th year and I trust it will be equal or better than Fiesta 2013. Please continue to support our event as our 35 volunteer Directors, 20 + Associates, staff and numerous volunteers do to put on Fiesta every year!
2013 El Presidente
Photo by Nik Blaskovich