Requirements and Instructions
The pre-audition will be held Sunday, January 6, 2019 at La Cumbre Jr. High School located at 2255 Modoc Rd., Santa Barbara, Ca. The auditions will be open for ALL participants, who are residents and reside in the County of Santa Barbara, from 1:30 pm until 4:30 pm.
Jr Spirit Participants: Pre-Audition will be from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Spirit Participants: Pre-Audition will be from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
This is a first come first served Pre-Audition so arrive early.
Please contact FiestaSpiritAudition@gmail.com or the Old Spanish Days office at 805-962-8101 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. The office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. The office is closed Saturday and Sunday.
- JR. SPIRIT participants must be between 8 and 10 years of age at some point during the week of Fiesta, (Sunday, July 28th through Sunday, August 4th 2019).
- SPIRIT participants shall be between 16 and 20 years of age at some pont during the week of Fiesta, (Sunday, July 28th through Sunday, August 4th 2018).
- The Pre-Audition is an “OPEN CALL” to all dancers. Participants must be a resident of Santa Barbara County.
- The goal is to select the individual who best embodies the “SPIRIT” of Santa Barbara’s Fiesta.
- The selection from the Pre-Audition participants for the Audition Finals will be based on a combination of factors: dance talent, dance history and experience, poise and communication skills, community service and involvement in the greater Santa Barbara Community, and a positive working relationship and history with the Old Spanish Days organization and events.
Come to the Pre-Audition Ready to Dance with the Following Materials:
- Provide the completed Application Form along with the attachments outlined.
- Provide a copy of participant’s birth certificate (certificates on file with Old Spanish Days will NOT satisfy; you must provide a copy WITH the completed application)
- Provide signed Participant Guidelines form.
- Provide signed Release and Hold Harmless Forms.
- Provide $25.00 registration fee (check payable to: Old Spanish Days).
- Provide two CD copies of the music that you wish to dance to at the Pre-Audition (music cannot be longer than one minute and thirty seconds in length).
Download the Forms